Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge, Day 14: What is you favorite book by your favorite author?

Well, since I just established that my favorite author is a playwright who did not write any books this proves to be a rather challenging question! May I take the liberty of slightly modifying the question to read, "What is you favorite 'work' by your favorite author?"

My favorite Shakespeare play is "The Taming of the Shrew." it is the story of two sisters whose father wants to marry them off. The younger daughter, Bianca, is sweet and lovable and has countless suitors, but her father refuses to let her marry until someone agrees to wed the older daughter, Kate. Kate, however, is the complete opposite of Bianca--she is mean, quick-tempered, and prone to violence.

A classic Shakespeare comedy, The Taming of the Shrew is witty and full of twists and turns. Sadly, there is not a great film production available. I have seen this play live several times, and I have never been disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment